Visibility + credibility + and generosity = Reputation. This is the formula to growing your real estate business. To achieve this, you’ll want a real estate marketing and advertising plan that shows a level of sophistication, organization, and trust toward your Bay Area client base. In this post, we share 5 great strategies for boosting your reputation and improving your real estate marketing.
At a minimum, your website needs to have the following:
• “For sale” listings in local market
• Comparables for your typical seller
• Local market trends
• Prominently displayed links on your home page
• Simple design, easy to navigate, minimal clutter
You’ve Got a Basic Website. Now what?
Now you need a marketing plan and you need to implement it easily and regularly. Commit to doing a little bit of each these 5 strategies every week and your business will begin to show great returns.
1. Get previous real estate clients to refer business to you
Don’t pay good money for a cheesy TV commercial. Focus on cultivating personal referrals.
Friends and family members will represent you best.
Encourage and educate these folks to speak on your behalf whenever the opportunity comes up, in person or online. Remind past clients how grateful you are for their business. Thank them, send birthday cards, and invite them to casual gatherings.
Appreciate your people, over and over.
2. Build a solid online real estate presence
Yes it’s true that face-to-face is key in real estate, but your potential clients will due their due diligence and confirm you’re as legitimate, savvy, and competent online, as you say you are in person. To this end:
- Make a nice Facebook page
- Create a professional email signature
- Invest in pay-per-click ads
- Create press releases, newsletters, and blog articles
- Tweet about your latest offers, tips, and trends
- Advertise your services on realtor.com, Zillow and Trulia
3. Be a good citizen
The more you show commitment to community and service, the more people will associate you with generosity, access, and trust. Here are just a few ways to do this:
• Mentor or support a local youth sports team
• Write an article for the local paper
• Join a local association or chamber of commerce
• Get on a non-profit board or committee
• Shop at your local farmer’s market
• Donate time or money to your local pubic school
4. Teach a Real Estate Marketing Workshop on Buying a House in the Bay Area
Real estate marketing can be intimidating; the money part can feel complicated to buyers or sellers. Sponsor an affordable or free workshop at your local library or community center. This is an “easy yes” for potential clients and you don’t have to worry about seeming pushing or promotional but it builds your credibility. Partner with lenders, title companies and other local businesses and host a panel discussion.
5. Spread the word. Everywhere.
Print thousands of business cards and pass them out at every opportunity. Buy a box of 1,000 and set a goal for yourself of getting rid of all of them by the end of the month. Include your business card in every mailing, at every event, and just share it! A cool tip is to also have blank business cards on hand for folks who forget theirs so you can write down their contact information.
To spread the word further, try these fun, affordable advertising tips:
• Put your information on pizza boxes, fridge magnets, and flyers.
• Put your business information on top of a card with your local baseball team’s game schedule
• Stay engaged
• Focus on your circle of influence, cultivate them regularly
• Market to your broader community, your neighborhood, to community groups, and other local businesses,
And watch your real estate business grow!
GET MORE STUFF LIKE THIS
SEO, Social Media, Video, Marketing, Blogging, & WordPress Tips, once a week.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.