Email newsletters are one of the greatest ways to monetize your social media efforts, affecting your bottom line and actually growing your business. Email marketing is one of the most powerful ways to help you build customer relationships and grow your business.
- Average open rates are up more than 14%
- 81% of companies say their ROI from email is excellent or good
- 35% say they acted on a promotion in an email within the last week
- 78% of respondents sign up for marketing emails with their personal email address
- 85% of people use the internet to check email, while only 61% use it to check social media
- 91% of consumers use email at least once daily
- 66% of consumers have made a purchase as a result of an email that they’ve received
- 44% prefer to look for a deal via email, as compared to a company website (vs. search engine 6%, Facebook 4%)
- 63% prefer to share content from family and friends via email (vs. Facebook 33%, Phone 29%)
- Email has higher click-through rates and higher ROI than other channels ($40 for every $1 spent)
- Email has higher conversion rates per session than search and social combined (Email 4.16%, Search 2.64%, Social 0.48%)
- Email is the top activity for both smartphone and tablet users
- The average mobile Internet user spends 42% of his/her time on email
- In June 2012 mobile email opens surpassed desktop and webmail opens for the first time
- At the end of 2012 mobile emails made up 43% of total email opens
- 92% of adult internet users maintain at least 1 email account
- 72% of email users check their inboxes 6 or more times each day
- 3x as many email accounts as all of Facebook and Twitter combined!
- 71% of adult internet users buy products online
- 9% of total retail sales in the U.S. are made online
- 13% of holiday shoppers list email newsletters as their favorite source of locating deals (compared to 9% word of mouth, 3% Facebook, 1% from Twitter)
- 59% of marketers believe email is the best outlet for generating new revenue
- Consumers who receive email marketing spend 83% more when shopping
- Their orders are 44% larger
- They order 28% more often
- Average ROI for email marketing: $44.25, 72% of marketers believe this ROI is very good
- 63% of marketers plan to increase their spending on email marketing
- Email marketing spending is predicted to reach $2 billion by 2014
Email is the only channel of communication that remains private, that is a direct connection between you and your prospect, and most importantly, it has an opt-in process that turns it into the purest form of permission marketing.
GET MORE STUFF LIKE THIS
SEO, Social Media, Video, Marketing, Blogging, & WordPress Tips, once a week.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.