Chances are, you’ve probably never even heard of Digital PR.
The overall goal of Digital PR is somewhat similar to traditional PR, but with an online focus. Digital PR is intended to increase the size of your company’s digital footprint and visibility on the Internet. In addition, this new form of PR is also likely to greatly improve your site’s SEO ranking. So, why do you need to utilize Digital PR in conjunction with traditional PR to grow your company?
First, PR in general connects your company with potential customers and paints your business in the best light possible. When you do all of this digitally, your website and company will be thrive. Your website and company’s visibility can be increased in a variety of ways. Some of the best ways to increase visibility online is through patron reviews and mentions in blogs or online newspaper articles. Due to the widespread usage and popularity of the Internet, it only makes since for PR to take a digital shift. The potential online marketing opportunities are virtually endless.
However, Digital PR doesn’t completely throw print media out the window.
Instead, your PR is now focused on constructing your company’s brand and increasing it’s social media presence. Moreover, the Internet allows your company to make valuable connections with highly influential players in the content marketing industry. This, is the key to getting the most out of your Digital PR. SEO is still a key strategy when it comes to getting your content to the top of the search results. Still, you need to combine it with an effective digitally based PR approach to get measurable results.
Digital PR has one main goal: getting your content on the right websites and getting your company connected to the right people in the industry. Naturally, there are several different tactics to use in pursuit of this goal. Here are 5 of the most common and effective tactics:
- Network online with journalists and editors.
- Reach out to well know bloggers, and ask to be featured on their blogs.
- Form relationships with social media influencers, and ask for mentions (“shout outs”) on their various platforms.
- Have your work published online on popular and reputable sites.
- Online press releases in conjunction with Offline press events.
Now, let’s take a look at the benefits of Digital PR and how to see if it’s actually “working”.
There are four main benefits that your company will see as a result of investing both time and money into Digital PR. First, you ranking on Ahrefs. Ahrefs is an online data site and collects information on the SEO of various websites. This site is an extremely helpful tool for seeing where you stand SEO wise compared to your competitors. Second, increasing your digital footprint will lead to increased traffic on your website. This, in theory, will lead to a growth in sales. Third, Digital PR will allow you to create a company brand that people are drawn to and believe in wholeheartedly. Finally, focusing your attention digitally will allow you to connect with a previously untapped customer base.
There are dozens of online tools to use and measure the effectiveness of your Digital PR campaign. For the sake of simplicity, let’s take a look at the top 4.
- Google Analytics: This tool shows where you website traffic is being directed from and tracks visitors to your site in real time. Google Analytics can also track the demographic information of visitors to your site.
- Moz’s Open Site Explorer: This tool shows you which websites are featuring you and subsequently sending visitors your way.
- SEMrush: Tracks keyword ranking and visibility.
- Buzzsumo: Tracks all things social media related, included shares.
Are you interested in launching a Digital PR campaign AND improving the SEO of your website? If so, contact Seattle Web Search today.